Effective: June 18, 2020
Process of collection of personal information
Jax Boat Rentals collects and processes personal information for valid business purposes including but not limited to communication with customers regarding products and services and addressing concerns in connection with purchased products and services. Your personal information may also be collected in the following instances, for example, when you:
- Visit and browse our website;
- Book/charter our services;
- Sign-up for a mailing list;
- Report product/service concerns;
- Participate in customer surveys, contests, and promos;
- Provide account and/or contact information;
- Contact and send us a direct message; and/or
- Provide information to authenticate your access through the site, such as user name and/or passwords.
Type of information collected
The following types of personal information may be collected and/or shared by Jax Boat Rentals depending on the product and/or service that you availed with us:
- Your name and contact information;
- Transaction history or past purchases;
- Personal information, such as your age, date of birth, gender, telephone number, address, etc.;
- Identifiers such as real name, alias, postal address, email address, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interaction with our Sites;
- Exact geolocation data;
- Audio, electronic, visual, or similar information;
- Inferences drawn from the above categories of information and reflecting your preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, or aptitudes.
Jax Boat Rentals does not collect personal information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services when you use our Sites. Enabling the “do not track signal” on your web browser will be considered as an indication that you do not want to participate in the sale of your information to the extent that we are able to relate or connect your browser with any other information about you.
Reason for the collection of personal information
Jax Boat Rentals may use your personal information for the following instances in addition to those which you already permitted us to use:
- Warrant that our Sites are working properly;
- Accomplish a task that you requested us to do;
- Comply with a legal obligation that applies to Jax Boat Rentals under California, EU or Member State law, or other applicable law;
- Conduct day-to-day business needs, such as administration and improvement of the Sites or protect Jax Boat Rentals’ business interests as a pontoon and fishing boat rental company and better understand our customers;
- Evaluate the performance and functions of the Sites;
- Protect against fraud; comply with all applicable laws and corporate reporting obligations, and to enforce Jax Boat Rentals’ agreements;
- Evaluate how to use the Sites and to conduct other market studies;
- Furnish and communicate with you regarding our products and services, including enforcing applicable warranties and recall notices;
- Furnish you with advertisements that compliment your interests;
- Furnish you with information about financial choices for the purchase of our products or services, devise internal analytics and reports; and put together any of the information we gather from or about you and apply it in the manner stated above.
Any personal information collected and retained will be used for legitimate business, legal, or tax purposes only. If any of those reasons no longer exist, the information will be destroyed, de-identified, aggregated, or anonymized in accordance with our internal policies and protocols, and as allowed by applicable law.
Sharing of personal information
Jax Boat Rentals does not share the information you provide us for monetary gains, however, the information may be shared with third parties. The following instances involve sharing your personal information internally and externally, including with:
- Internal departments of Jax Boat Rentals responsible for processing the information;
- Business partners who are obligated to abide by data protection agreements or similar privacy protections, such as dealers and distributors; and/or
- Third-party processors who are obligated to abide by data processing agreements or similar privacy protections.
Personal information may also be disclosed to third parties under the following situations:
- If the law or legal process requires us to do so;
- If we are bound to submit it to law enforcement authorities or other government officials;
- If we believe that it is necessary or fitting to disclose the information to avoid physical harm or financial loss, or in conjunction with a legal investigation of suspected or actual illegal and/or unethical activity;
- If the disclosure is necessary for the protection of the vital interests of an individual;
- To safeguard our property, services, and legal rights;
- To avoid fraud against Jax Boat Rentals, our affiliates, authorized dealers, or business partners;
- To provide back-up or support for auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions;
- To abide with any and all applicable laws; or
- In conjunction with a corporate merger, consolidation, or restructuring, the sale of substantially all of our stocks and/or assets, or other corporate adjustments or alterations, including, without limitation, during the course of any due diligence process.
Automatic data collection
When you visit our website, we gather certain information automatically, such as the number of users who visited our website and the pages visited. The collection of this information enables us to conform, adapt or fit our website to our visitors. The collection involves various means such as “cookies” and “web beacons.” Furthermore, we may collect IP addresses.
“Cookies” are used on our website like most other websites. “Cookies” are fragments of code placed on your devices when you visit certain websites. “Cookies” are used to provide us information, for example, to indicate if you previously visited our site or it’s your first time visiting. This information enables us to identify the features of our website that you are most interested in. “Cookies” can help improve your online experience by saving your preferences or interests while you are browsing a particular website.
Your web browser may notify you of new cookies, prompt you to stop the acceptance of new cookies, and tell you how to disable current cookies. Disabling cookies may prevent you from enjoying the full advantage of all the features of the Sites and its functionality.
Certain pages on our website may contain “web beacons” (also known as Internet tags, pixel tags, and clear GIFs). Web beacons allow the unobtrusive way of checking if a user has accessed certain content.
Third parties are permitted by web beacons to collect information such as the IP address of the computer that accessed the page where the beacon exists; the URL of the page on which the beacon is present; the time the page with the beacon was viewed; the type of browser used to view the page; and the information in cookies set by the third party.
Transfer of data to different borders
We abide by legal frameworks that establish a corresponding level of protection with EU law in conjunction with the transfer of data from the European Economic Area (EEA) to other countries, such as the United States. Your use of the Sites or giving us your personal information constitutes the transfer of your personal information to us in the United States. Furthermore, we implement the transfer of collected personal information on the Sites to other countries where we do business.
Jax Boat Rentals and its affiliates are subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission in relation to personal data received in accordance with the Privacy Shield. If the situation calls for it, provided that other means of resolution have been exhausted, employees who have given their personal data to Jax Boat Rentals for Human Resources purposes may cite binding arbitration in conjunction with the Privacy Shield.
Under the Privacy Shield Framework, Jax Boat Rentals is responsible for any of your personal information handed over to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf. Jax Boat Rentals is committed to cooperating with EU data protection authorities (DPAs) and the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (FDPIC). Jax Boat Rentals is committed to upholding the advice given by such authorities in relation to personal data transferred from the EU and Switzerland in the context of the employment relationship.
Jax Boat Rentals is committed to protecting the information that you gave us from unauthorized access, modification, disclosure, or destruction. We carry out administrative and technical maintenance as well as the implementation of necessary physical safeguards to protect your information when visiting or using the Sites against loss, unauthorized access, disclosure, misuse, unsanctioned modification, or destruction.
Residents of EU have the right to request access to collected personal information. Such rights pertain to the objectives of reviewing, modifying, or appealing for the removal of the information. In addition, you have the right to request a copy of the information we have collected about you. Some circumstances may also allow you to appeal for the restriction or end of the processing or sharing of your information.
If you are a resident of Nevada, you are given the right to request the restriction or end of the transfer of your information to third parties in certain circumstances.
For such requests, you may get in touch with Jax Boat Rentals through our email address.
If you are a resident of California, starting on the 1st of January 2020, you have the following rights described below in relation to your personal information:
As a resident of California, you have the right to ask that we disclose certain information to you in relation to the collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months.
Upon receiving and confirming your request in relation to your personal information, we will provide disclosure in relation to:
- Specific portions and categories of gathered personal information about you;
- Categories of references of gathered personal information about you;
- Jax Boat Rentals’ business purpose for collecting or handing out personal information;
- Categories applying to third parties that we share the personal information with; and
- In the event that your personal information has been disclosed or sold for commercial purposes, two distinct lists identifying: (a) categories of your personal information collected and sold, and the categories of the third parties to whom the information was sold; and (b) categories of disclosed personal information for commercial objectives.
Jax Boat Rentals will not disclose the following personal information in answer to a request for access: your social security number, driver’s license number or other government-issued identification numbers, password and answers to security questions if applicable, and financial account number.
In terms of deletion request, you have the right to request for the erasure of your personal information that we obtained from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Upon getting your request for the deletion of information, we will confirm and verify your identity. The verification process shall go through a two-tier verification process. Once verified, we will delete your personal information to the extent required by law unless allowed or required by law to keep your personal information.
Your deletion request may be denied if it is necessary to keep the information for us or our service providers to:
- Finish or accomplish the transaction for which the personal information collected is intended for, deliver the service that you requested, facilitate an action response within the scope of our current business relationship with you, or execute our contract with you;
- Identify security concerns, protect against harmful, deceptive, malicious, deceitful, or unlawful activity, or institute legal proceedings against those who are behind such actions;
- Identify errors by debugging products and repair the problems that deteriorate current intended functionality;
- Foster freedom of speech, see to it that the right of another consumer to exercise freedom of speech is granted, or exercise another right provided for by law;
- Abide by the California Penal Code Section 1546 et seq. (the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act);
- Participate in public or peer-reviewed research that may be scientific, statistical, or historical in nature intended for the well-being of the general public that complies to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when erasing the information may not be possible or seriously undermine the research's outcome or developments if you have already given prior consent;
- Allow the usage of information for internal purposes which reasonably lines up with the expectations of the consumer based on your relationship with us;
- Abide by the legal obligation; or
- Use the information for other internal and lawful purposes that are aligned with the context in which you provided it.
Do not sell personal information
Jax Boat Rentals does not engage in the sale of your personal information to third parties for monetary gains; however, information is shared as stated in this Policy.
If you do not want to be part of this exchange or want to be excluded from marketing emails or calls, you can send us your Opt-Out request.
Please include a verifiable personal information request in order to exercise your CCPA Rights. Submission of personal information request can only be done by you or an individual registered with the California Secretary of State who is duly authorized to
act on your behalf. You may also submit a personal information request on behalf of your minor child. We may require you or the authorized representative to (1) produce a written authorization letter stating that you are allowing the agent to act on your behalf and (2) verification of your identity. These may be forgone if that agent produces a power of attorney signed by you.
A limit of 2 personal information requests may be submitted within a 12-month period. The verifiable personal information request must:
- Have the necessary information to enable us to reasonably verify your identity from whom we collected the personal information or an authorized representative; and
- State your request clearly and contain the necessary details to enable us to properly understand, evaluate, and produce the appropriate response.
The inability to verify your request to delete will be considered as a request to opt-out of the sale of your information.
We try our best to respond to a personal information request within 45 days upon receiving the request. We will acknowledge or confirm the receipt of your request within 10 days of its receipt. You will be duly informed in writing if we need more time (up to 90 days) to facilitate your request. The reason for the extension will be indicated in the written letter which will be sent by mail or electronic mail utilizing a portable and readily usable format. If we cannot grant or comply with the request, we will indicate the reason in writing, if applicable.
The processing and response to your personal information request will be free of charge unless it is excessive, repetitive, or lacks basis or foundation. You will be notified if we decide that the request entails a reasonable fee. We will explain the reason for the fee and send you a cost estimate before finalizing the request.
If you choose to exercise any of your CCPA Rights in accordance with the California Civil Code 1798 unless allowed or required by law, we will not:
- Refuse to provide you with goods or services;
- Impose different rates or fees for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or enforcing penalties;
- Give you goods or services with different level of quality; or
- Advise or recommend the possibility that you may get a different rate for goods or services or different quality of goods or services.
If you decide to exercise one or more of your CCPA Rights, we warrant the right to charge you a different fee from other consumers or provide you a different level or quality of goods or services. Currently, we do not grant any monetary incentives for the continued collection, use, sharing, and/or sale of your personal information.
Jax Boat Rentals holds on to all personal information while the business relationship is ongoing, or where required, in accordance with its information management policies and schedules. When granting a deletion request, we conduct reasonable attempts to make sure that all personal information is totally erased.
Links to other websites and social networks
Links to other websites and social networks may be provided on our Sites for the purposes of information and convenience. Linked websites may operate on their own, separate from our Sites. These independent sites may have their own privacy policies so we strongly urge you to review the policies when you visit any linked sites. The linked websites are not part of this website, thus we are not responsible for their content, usage of the websites, or the privacy protocols of any of those websites.
You have the option to disconnect a social media account from Jax Boat Rentals. Check the settings of the social media account and its provider for details.
Third parties, including but not limited to advertisers collect information about your online activities across different websites over time. Such third parties may provide Jax Boat Rentals with data collection, reporting, ad response measurement, and analytical information. They may help us come up with relevant marketing messages and ads.
Our Sites are intended for a general audience and not directed at children under the age of 16. If proven that any collected information was provided by a child under the age of 16, we will delete the said information.
Get in touch with us
Phone Number : (904) 800-7320
Email : email@example.com
Below are the options if you would like to update your contact information; remove your information from our mailing lists or stop receiving marketing emails:
- Change the settings in an account you made through the Sites;
- Unsubscribe using the links provided in our emails; or
- Send us a request with the necessary information through email.